APF SEASON AUDITIONS
General auditions for our 19-20 Season will take place the first weekend in August 2019:
- Saturday, Aug 3, 9am – 6pm
- Sunday, Aug 4, 9am – 1pm
An audition form is REQUIRED in order to schedule an audition. Appointments are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED; walk-ins will only be seen if time permits.
Callbacks, if necessary, will be BY INVITATION ONLY on Aug 4 & 5.
We are planning 3 mainstage productions. We are currently seeking performers for the open roles listed below (the list will be updated only if necessary). Productions typically rehearse for 6 weeks, tech for 1 week and perform for 3-4 weeks. Most roles, if offered, result in a paid contract, the amount of which is dependent on the size of the role &/or the experience of the performer. AEA members, if cast, are contracted under the Special Appearance Agreement.
- August: Osage County by Tracy Letts, directed by Ann-Marie Pereth (Autumn 2019)
- A Steady Rain by Keith Huff, directed by Erik Amblad (Winter 2020)
- Sense & Sensibility by Kate Hamill, directed by Ann-Marie Pereth & Joseph Kucan (Spring 2020)
Performers should familiarize themselves with ALL of the GENERAL side(s) appropriate for the role(s) in which they are interested; they may be asked to read from any/all of them. For the initial audition, s/he should choose ONE from among those appropriate sides to read; we trust performers to choose the side that best presents what they can bring to possible roles. We will provide a partner to read against. Memorization is not required, but performers should be familiar enough to offer strong choices and take direction.
Please use the links above to access individual sides (click on the role).
The calendar & character information above is also available for easy printing/saving as PDF documents below. Use the links above for sides.
These projects are handled differently. Directors for each reading are responsible for their own casting. These directors are welcome to be present at our general auditions, or they may choose to cast their project in some other manner. Staged readings typically rehearse for an average of 40-50 hours over the course of the calendar month at the end of which they perform. ALL personnel involved are VOLUNTEERS.
- The Ghosts of Lote Bravo by Hilary Bettis, directed by Adriana Chavez (September 2019)
- Cry It Out by Molly Smith Metzler, directed by Jasmine Kojouri (January 2020)
- The Children by Lucy Kirkwood, directed by Barbara Brennan (March 2020)
- Last Night and the Night Before by Donnetta Lavinia Grays, directed by Jason Nious (June 2020)
If you are interested in performing ONLY in one or more of our readings, please fill out an audition form and use the appropriate fields to indicate your limited interest. APF staff will notify the relevant director(s) and forward your contact information.