22/23 GENERAL AUDITIONS ARE CLOSED.THIS PAGE REMAINS ACTIVE FOR COMPANY USE.
APF 2022-2023 AUDITIONS are closed.
General auditions for our 22-23 Season will take place the first full weekend in August 2022:
- Friday, Aug 5, 6-10pm
- Saturday, Aug 6, 11am – 7pm
- Super Summer Theatre Studios, 4340 S Valley View Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89103
An audition form is REQUIRED in order to audition with APF (at the bottom of this page). Appointments are REQUIRED and will only be granted after we’ve received a completed form. Walk-ins are discouraged and will only be seen if time permits.
Callbacks will be BY INVITATION ONLY on Aug 7 & 13.
EXPECTATIONS &/or REQUIREMENTS
- Interested parties will conscientiously & thoroughly complete an audition form. Once received, a staff member will respond with further details.
- Head shots & resumes are also REQUIRED; you will upload them with your audition form. Head shot do not have to be professional shots; if necessary, take an unfiltered selfie.
- Performers should read the play(s) that interest them and be prepared to discuss it/them if asked.
- Performers should bring their own copy of the side they choose to for their audition (see below).
Performers should familiarize themselves with the ONE character on the ONE side that you think best highlights your craft. Our General Auditions are NOT about whether you are the right person for a role; they are about whether you have the talent, technique, training, &/or other “je ne sais quoi” that a director is seeking. If a director likes your General Audition and feels you’d be a good fit for their project, you will be invited to audition for A ROLE at Callbacks. Directors are aware of this and will provide appropriate direction as necessary during your audition.
We will provide a partner to read against. Memorization is not required, but performers should be familiar enough to offer strong choices and take direction.
Please use the links located in the tabs below to access individual sides (coming soon). Generally, we will NOT provide printed copies of sides. We will have a very limited number available for emergency use, and no one will be permitted to mark them or remove them from the premises.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION, and REPRESENTATION
Theatre engages the full spectrum of humanity. Telling the stories of complex human experience often includes representations of violence, racism, homophobia, abuse, and other challenging content. We seek an ethical atmosphere when engaging in this content, working with diverse groups of participants, and particularly when producing culturally sensitive work and telling stories of marginalized peoples. We seek to create respectful, safe, and equitable environments.
22-23 SEASON CASTING
Click on the individual titles below to toggle between project details.
Playwright: Jane Martin
Director: Adrienne Showker
Character breakdown (as described in the script):
- Keely: adult woman, child-bearing age
- Du: adult woman, mature – ROLE NOT AVAILABLE
- Walter: adult man, apprx 50 years old
- Cole: adult man, Keely’s ex-husband
- Prison Guard: adult woman
- Orderlies: adult
Setting: Working class neighborhood in Providence, RI. Present
Synopsis: A young woman woman, raped and impregnated by her ex-husband, is kidnapped and held by an extremist pro-life organization in an attempt to prevent her from terminating her pregnancy. This 1994 Pulitzer Prize finalist is timelier than ever with an unflinching focus on the divisive debate over reproductive rights, bodily autonomy, and the sanctity of the unborn.
Rehearsals: August – September 2022
Performances @ Clark County Library Main Theater & potential second venue:
- September 30, 7pm
- TBD (potential second performance at alternate venue)
Remuneration: small stipend as a 1099 contractor