AS OF 8/15/23, THIS PAGE IS ACTIVE FOR INTERNAL COMPANY USE ONLY. SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED UNLESS INVITED.
APF 2023-2024 AUDITIONS
General auditions for our 23-24 Season are CLOSED. This page remains active for internal company use. There is no guarantee that any received submissions will be viewed or considered.
An audition form is REQUIRED in order to audition with APF (at the bottom of this page). Appointments are REQUIRED and will only be granted after we’ve received a completed form. Walk-ins are discouraged and will only be seen if time permits and with a completed form.
Callbacks will be BY INVITATION ONLY.
EXPECTATIONS &/or REQUIREMENTS
- Interested parties will conscientiously & thoroughly complete an audition form (which, if cast, is considered part of your contract). Once received, a staff member will respond with further details.
- Head shots & resumes are also REQUIRED; you will upload them with your audition form. Head shots do not have to be professional shots; if necessary, take an unfiltered selfie.
- Performers should read/research the play(s) that interest them and be prepared to discuss it/them if asked. Make use of your local libraries if necessary.
- Performers should bring their own copy of the side they choose to for their audition (see below).
Performers should familiarize themselves with the ONE character on the ONE side that you think best highlights your craft. Our General Auditions are NOT about whether you are the right person for a role; they are about whether you have the talent, technique, training, &/or other “je ne sais quoi” that a director is seeking. If a director likes your General Audition and feels you might be a good fit for their project, you will be invited to audition for A ROLE at Callbacks. Directors are aware of this and will provide appropriate direction as necessary during your audition.
We will provide a partner to read against. Memorization is not required, but performers should be familiar enough to offer strong choices and take direction.
Please use the links located in the tabs below to access individual sides (coming soon). Generally, we will NOT provide printed copies of sides. We will have a very limited number available for emergency use, and no one will be permitted to mark them or remove them from the premises.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION, and REPRESENTATION
Theatre engages the full spectrum of humanity. Telling the stories of complex human experience often includes representations of violence, racism, homophobia, abuse, and other challenging content. We seek an ethical atmosphere when engaging in this content, working with diverse groups of participants, and particularly when producing culturally sensitive work and telling stories of marginalized peoples. We seek to create respectful, safe, and equitable environments.
23-24 SEASON CASTING
Click on the individual titles below to toggle between project details.
Playwright: Jeremy Kareken & David Murrell and Gordon Farrell
Director: Gigi Guizado
- Jim Fingal: young professional adult, identifies as male
- Emily Penrose: adult professional, identifies as female
- John D’Agata: adult professional, identifies as mal
Setting: NYC publishing office & Las Vegas, NV. Present
Synopsis: Jim Fingal is a fresh-out-of-Harvard fact checker for a prominent but sinking New York magazine. John D’Agata is a talented writer with a transcendent essay about the suicide of a teenage boy—an essay that could save the magazine from collapse. When Jim is assigned to fact check D’Agata’s essay, the two come head to head in a comedic yet gripping battle over facts versus truth. (Dramatists Play Service)
Rehearsals: August – September 2023
Performances @ Clark County Library Main Theater:
- September 29, 7pm
- September 30, 2pm
Remuneration: small stipend as a 1099 contractor
GENERAL AUDITION SIDE: John